Thursday, May 30, 2013

Up Next Surf and Turf Tacos (over camp fire)

So I've got this company picnic on Saturday.  It's at the local state park which has a nice campground.  I've been commissioned in smoking the BBQ for the picnic Saturday.  It's going to be my biggest smoke ever.  3 Boston Butts, 16 pieces of chicken, and a tiny bit of tofu for the vegans.  The ranger is a friend of mine and I've arranged to be at the picnic shelter far before the sun rises Saturday.  In order to do this I will need to be camping.  Chicken takes no time, but pork butts take at least 8 hours.  But this isn't really about Saturday.  This is about Friday night.  A real bromantic time, with my actual bro, well in law.  Oh the broments we will have making this dish.  I plan to cut some fresh herbs from the garden tomorrow, rosemary, oregano, basil how about thyme too.  It takes a little thyme sometimes friends.  Going to bring out some fresh garlic and just a little bit of salt and olive oil.  That's just the seasoning!  We will also have wild Georgia shrimp, some steak cuts, quartered red potatoes, maybe some onion and jalapeno.  All of this, coming soon over an open camp fire.

Stay hungry my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment